Mon, 23 Oct|
Tenant Participation & Community Development OCN Level 2
This 8-week course looks at the intersection of Tenant Participation and Community Development and is suitable for those working in social housing as well as community workers that engage with social housing providers.
Time & Location
23 Oct, 10:00 – 11 Dec, 12:30
About the Event
This new, improved 8-week course looks at the intersection of Tenant Participation and Community Development.
It is targeted at those working in social housing as well as community workers that engage with social housing providers in Northern Ireland. (We will be looking at a course aimed at the Republic of Ireland in the future!)
This newly revamped course now includes a good practice visit, more case studies, and practical examples to help you develop in your work!
This course will ensure participants are able to:
- Understand what tenant participation is
- Understand the policy context within the UK
- Have knowledge of the tenant participation requirements in NI
- Be aware of the range of approaches to tenant participation
- Understand the components of a good tenant participation strategy
- Understand what community development is
- Have knowledge of the different approaches to community development
- Understand the community development process
- Be aware of the governance requirements
In addition to increasing your knowledge and understanding of tenant participation and community development, this course will:
- Help you carry out your role as staff/tenant representative/volunteer
- Examine your organisation's strategy and see how your role fits in with it
- Share good practices with other housing professionals and tenant representatives
- Provide networking opportunities with like-minded professionals and volunteers
- Develop your career prospects and professional development with an accredited qualification
This is an 8-week course that will be held on Mondays from 23 October 2023 through 11 December 2023 from 10.00 am - 12.30 pm.
Weekly sessions will be held on Zoom.
One week will be an in-person day trip for a good practice visit - date to be announced.
£425 per person
Registration & More Information:
Contact Siobhan ONeill at email@example.com with any questions and to register your place.